The last night of the year is also the most stressful night of the year, aint it? There are so many options and if you choose the wrong one, you’re stuck with a bunch of drunk people you don’t care about, with a lot of lame music you don’t like or worse, in traffic all night … Even if you’re with friends and at club or music gig with sounds you dig, it can and most likely will, feel anti-climactic.
The secret to having a good time? Let the NYE mania and all that it might have meant years passed, JUST GO. Have no expectations other than looking fabulous, being with a friend or two, and maybe getting a good buzz. The next day is the day to get deep and contemplative and if you must, put some pressure on yourself.
For as much as we go out, we’d say having a blast in LA is about a 50-50% endeavor on a normal night, and really those are good odds. Enjoy whatever you do and be happy to be alive! On that note, designate a driver or take a cab (but only if you are hitting one spot).
We compiled a list of potentially raging events for LA Weekly right HERE, but we didn’t get to mention all our favorites there and we’ve heard about even more celebrations since. Fittingly, most of them are in Hollywood, some are free, some on the small side, all of them worth taking a chance on for a night. Here, a list of the TOP 10 LIVE GIGS, BAR BASHES and HOLLYWOOD HOEDOWNS for those of you who just haven’t decided what to do yet. ((IF IT MATTERS, WE WILL DEFINITELY BE HITTING UP ONE OR MORE OF THESE!))
Click the links for more info! Happy 2013 Hangovers!
1. BURGUNDY ROOM BASH https://www.facebook.com/burgundyroom
2. STUDIO 54 AT ROCKWELL https://www.facebook.com/events/443010305766751/
3. BLACK UNICORN AT DRAGONFLY https://www.facebook.com/events/479372852115429/
4. REDD KROSS & MELVINS http://www.ticketfly.com/event/164105/
5. PRIMA DONNA AT REDWOOD https://www.facebook.com/events/391258950948219/
6. MORGANNE AT THE VEX https://www.facebook.com/thevexarts
8. UNDERGROUND https://www.facebook.com/events/527623727257320/
10. MUCHAS GRACIAS LA CITA https://www.facebook.com/events/149500065197927/