2012 may have been the year of the cat. Sanrio’s most famous Kitty was everywhere, with nearly a dozen collaborations and product tie-ins… most of ‘em for us grown-ups too! Hello Kitty was a busy gal, y’all! She got arty (with her own exhibit and art book), sporty (at Dodger Stadium), sexy, pretty, trendy and she totally rocked out (with KISS) too!
Some of our favorite and most expansive fashion offerings were with LA-based clothing juggernaut Forever 21. From funky jewelry designs with designer Onch Movement to beauty and home stuffs, HKF21 was a huge hit. If you go into the store now, it’s pretty much all gone.
Things were pretty nutty here at the HSS HQ over the holidays, and we were so busy gift shopping (and sharing) that we never awarded our fabulous Hello Kitty/Forever 21 prize package! We will announce the winner of the packed gift bag (see this post for all it includes) THIS FRIDAY, 1/11/13 and as a post-holiday prize, we’ve offering another extra special gift for one lucky collector as well. The 100th person to subscribe will score the limited edition Hello Kitty bobble head from their collaboration with the LA Dodgers (see 1st photo below) this past Summer!
We love getting gifts after Christmas, don’t you? Click the SUBSCRIBE button here on the homepage. Then, LIKE our Facebook Page and tell us you did so. That’s it. See below for the scoop on Sanrio’s uber-cute collabs all last year, and get ready for more in 2013. Kitty New Year!
10. Hello Kitty Dodgers Partnership: Hello Kitty and Los Angeles Dodgers teamed up once again for Dodger Stadium’s 50th Anniversary. The promotion included a limited edition Hello Kitty mini bobble head.
8. Hello Kitty Beauty by Sephora: The popular beauty retailer partnered with Sanrio in 2011 for beauty/seasonal collections (launching 3-4 times a year). 2012 Highlights included the Fall Collection- Head of the Class, and the Winter/Holiday Collection – Wild Thing. Collection items include makeup palettes, brush sets, compact mirrors, nail art stickers, necklace mirrors, etc…
6. Vans and Hello Kitty Collection: Vans, the iconic footwear giant, teamed up once again with Hello Kitty for a footwear line, and for the first time also released a cohesive line of apparel items and accessories that were all “off the wall.”
5. Yogurtland and Sanrio co-branded partnership: Yogurtland and Sanrio announced their second year partnership including co-branded merchandise featuring multiple Sanrio characters (Hello Kitty, Little Twin Stars, TuxedoSam and Badtz-Maru) and it began right here in Hollywood.
3. Japan LA Clothing for Hello Kitty: The premiere ‘street style’ ‘cute culture’ collection showcased an assortment of apparel and accessories featuring Hello Kitty, like dresses in curvy cuts and sassy separates.
2. KISS x Hello Kitty Collaboration: One of our favorite HK meldings, the iconic rock band KISS and Kitty’s rockin collection of plush toys, stationary, jewelry, accessories and t-shirts… The white, black and red graphics of both made for the coolest rock and cartoon coupling we’ve seen in a long time. Fans of both the band and cat are both still licking up too.
Don’t forget: Winner of HKF21 goodie bag & Dodgers bobble head announced this Friday!